Co-hosting with Airbnb API
After the introduction of Airbnb's most recent API, support full-fledged co-hosting via 3rd party channel managers ended. Fortunately, Sympl has a workaround that will allow you to sync your co-hosted listings' availability and messages.
It's a two-part process to sync your availability and messaging:
- Navigate to the Airbnb room sync list (www.airbnb.com/rooms/sync).
- Click the ellipsis ( ... ) at the far right side of the co-hosted listing you'd like to work with. Select "Stop Sync" from the drop-down menu.
- In Sympl, locate the Channels drop-down in the main menu bar at the top of the dashboard, then click "iCal Channels".
- Find and click the blue "+" button, then select "Export Calendar" from the drop-down menu that appears.
- In the Calendar Export overlay window, select "Airbnb" as the Channel and then select the listing you're working with.
- When you click "Export", you'll be presented with a URL. Copy that URL and head back to your Airbnb window.
- In Airbnb, under Availability, click "Import Calendar". You will then be able to paste your copied calendar URL into the Calendar Address field and give it a name.This will conclude the synchronization of your co-hosted listing's availability.
To synchronize your messaging for co-hosted listings, you'll need a little help from Sympl's customer service team. First, you'll need to obtain your Sympl Account ID and your Airbnb Property ID.
Sympl Account ID
- Click the account drop-down in the top right-hand side of your Sympl dashboard (the area with your name and icon). Select "Account Info" from the list.
- When the Account Info page loads, you can locate your Sympl Account ID on the left side of the screen, directly under the greeting (ex: "Hello [username]"). Copy that number and paste it somewhere it can be retrieved again.
Airbnb Property ID
- Click the Channels drop-down located in the main menu bar at the top of your Sympl dashboard. Select "API Channels" from the list.
- When the API Channels page loads, locate and click on your Airbnb API connection from the channel list on the left side of the screen. After that, click on the "Channel Details" tab. Here you will find your Airbnb Property ID for your specific co-hosted listing. Copy and save it with the Account ID above.
Now all that's left to do is draft a quick message to Sympl's support team so they can finish the message sync process for you:
I have a co-hosted Airbnb account, and I need to add my account to your mail service. My information is below.
Sympl Account ID: <insert account id number here>
Airbnb Co-hosted Property ID: <insert airbnb property id number here>
Our team will send a confirmation reply once the update has been made, and your messaging will resume through Sympl for any co-hosted listings on that account.