Sympl and Booking.com Best Practices
When connecting your Booking.com account to Sympl, there are some important items to note to ensure you have completed your set-up correctly.
You can simply follow Sympl's Booking.com wizard, which provides a status of completion of each step.
In Booking.com Extranet: Connect to Tokeet (Tokeet is the channel manager for Sympl)
Connecting Booking.com to Sympl is a multi-step process and often users skip a step, usually the last one. Please read the detailed connection instructions carefully and be sure to follow all steps.
- In Booking.com Extranet (https://admin.booking.com), designate Tokeet as the Channel Manager (Click on Property > Account > Channel Manager)
- Tokeet receives an email from Booking.com and approves the connection.
- You receive an email from the Booking.com and confirm the connection in Booking.com extranet. This step must be completed, or your availability and rate push will not work.
In Sympl: link Booking.com Property to Sympl Rental, Synchronize Availability and Rates
Now, connect your Booking.com property in Sympl. Please make sure you have rental rates defined for your rentals first. You will need to push rates from Sympl to Booking.com as part of the connection process.
- Link your Booking.com property to a Sympl Rental
- Once the link has been made, any new bookings or hold events that are created for your Sympl rental will be automatically pushed to Booking.com. This means that bookings created in Sympl or any of your other linked channels will be pushed to your Booking.com property.
- Import bookings from Booking.com This will ensure that Sympl is aware of any bookings previously made on Booking.com.
Push rates from Sympl to Booking.com. You will want to take the time to accurately set up your rates in Sympl. You must then push these rates from Sympl to Booking.com.
- Push availability from Sympl to Booking.com. Please check your Sympl calendar for this rental and ensure that your calendar is accurate and up to date.
- If you are having trouble pushing availability: add a temporary Hold event to your Rental with status Confirmed. Once the connection is made, you can go back and delete the Hold event. Here's more info on Hold Events.
Best Practices - Synchronizing Rates
- When pushing your rental rates from Sympl into Booking.com, please ensure that your rates are complete and correct in Sympl as your Sympl rates will completely replace the rate information that is in your Booking.com account.
- If you would like your Booking.com rates to be different than the rates on your other channels, you can create a new rate category in Sympl just for Booking.com and map it to this channel to seamlessly push updates with a single click.
- Rates do not update automatically, and must be pushed from Sympl. The platform is designed this way so that you can make rate changes without worrying that the change has been propagated to the channels before changes are final.
Best Practices - Synchronizing Availability
- Synchronizing availability between Sympl and Booking.com is done automatically once your connection is complete. Sympl will send any new bookings or confirmed hold events to Booking.com and block those dates on your calendar.