Invoicing & Payments
Sympl makes sending invoices easy.
Before creating your first invoice, you may want to connect a Payment Gateway with Sympl. Doing so will allow your guests to pay via a "Pay with Card" button, right in the electronic invoice you send them.
How to Create and Send an Invoice:
- First, open the inquiry details overlay for the booking you would like to invoice for. This can be done by navigating to the inquiries module and selecting the inquiry there.
- On the inquiry details overlay, navigate to the Invoices tab.
- Click the Add Invoice button.
- Sympl will auto-generate an invoice based on the billing information in the inquiry. If you wish to create a blank invoice click the drop-down arrow on the Create Invoice button and select General Invoice.
- You may make changes, or add line items to the invoice by clicking "+ Add Line Item". For example, you may want to include your cleaning fees as an extra line item.
- Towards the bottom of the invoice, you may enter in your Payment Terms, Payment Instructions, and Notes. All of these will be visible to your guest.
- Set an invoice date and invoice due date.
- Once you are satisfied with the invoice, click "Save" That’s it! Your invoice has been created.
- After Saving your invoice, you will remain on the invoice with the option to perform any of the following actions.
- Mark as Paid
- Mark as Unpaid
- Mark as Canceled
- When you send an invoice to a guest they will receive a link to the invoice. If you need to make future updates to your invoice, you may do so--and your updates will be immediately visible to the guest at the same link. There’s no need to create a new invoice.